It’s a dreary weekend in Nashville this weekend which means one thing — Soup! This Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup is packed full of flavor and spice, looks stunning (I like my food to look pretty, I am who I am) and takes only 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
Can I get a hail yes? Hail yes!
This Thai Curry Noodle soup is also vegan, gluten free, soy free, and nut free. You are sure to please everyone (except maybe your uncle who just wants a steak but we aren’t going to focus on him).
A note: Since I live in a van and typically either too lazy, too far away, or too hungry to drive to the local grocery store, I tend to use whatever I have on hand. When it comes to the veggies in this dish, I encourage you to branch out and try whatever! These are just what I had on hand but this would be so good with different kinds of veggies too.
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup (V/GF/Soy Free)
Cook time: 20 Minutes Serves: 4
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Half White Onion (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Ginger (thinly chopped)
- Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 32 oz Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 13 oz can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 pack Thai Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup Chopped Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Chopped Cauliflower
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach
- Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce) to taste
- Dash of Sugar
1.In a large pot heat olive oil on medium heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion starts to soften and become translucent.
2. Add curry paste and ginger and stir consistently until fragrant (about one minute).
3. Stir in Vegetable Broth and Coconut Milk. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to a simmer stirring occasionally. Add coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and sugar to – taste.
4. While waiting for the broth to boil, in separate medium pot, boil noodles according to the package.
5. Add Mushrooms, cauliflower to broth, stirring occasionally. Then add Spinach, stir until wilted.
6. When noodles are done, strain and set aside covered.
7. Squeeze half a lime into broth and cut the other half in four sections.
8. Remove from heat. Add noodles to your bowl and top off with soup. Garnish with one lime section per bowl. Serve immediately.
Still in the mood for soup? Try this recipe here: tortellini vegetable soup